Here's your Race Day Guide for the best Virtual Race you can have!
- Get those beers on ice! Be sure you have a couple of cold Harpoon beers waiting for you when you finish!
- Prep: have your course set, your bib ready, your flannel laid out, and your mask cleaned and ready if you're running in a crowded area. (Stay safe out there!)
- Please wear your race bib, so everyone knows that you’re out doing something special! Be sure to take a photo of yourself in your bib to share with everyone on the Harpoon Flannel 5k Facebook page. *Whatever social channels you post on that day, make sure to tag Harpoon Brewery and #harpoonflannel5k
- Do all the pre-race things you usually do: hydrate, eat a good meal, warm up and stretch, whatever works for you!
- Going for an Award? If you’re competing for one of our virtual awards, learn about how to submit your entries on the Awards Page.
- Music! If you like to listen to music while you run, and while you party, we have you covered! A special playlist will be sent to you the week of the race.
On your Route
- Lookout for Harpoon Bibs! It depends on where you live, but we hope you see a fellow Harpoon runner/walker out in their bib! Give them a cheer if you do! (And if you don’t, go onto our Facebook or Instagram Page to see everyone there!)
- Push yourself and make it special! We hope your run/walk today feels a bit more exciting than your usual's, so give it your all, just like you would at the actual race.
- Be conscious of others. Be sure to bring your mask and practice social distancing.
- Submit Your Results: You can upload your personal results here. You will receive an email from RunSignUp on the morning of the 19th telling you how to email your results in. Click on submit your results and enter either your name or your email to submit your times! We are not matching names with bibs or giving awards based on times, this is for your personal knowledge!
- Hydrate and then crack open that fresh, cold Harpoon Flannel Friday! Ahhh… you’ve earned it!
- Hit play on the PARTY Playlist (coming race week)
- Text or call your friends to see how they did and maybe you can schedule a Zoom/Facetime call so you can enjoy your beers together!
- Dance! There has to be at least one song on the PARTY playlist that you love. When you hear it, get down and boogie, raise the roof, step touch, do the worm, whatever you feel!
We hope you feel connected. We may be running/walking alone, but hope you feel the connection, knowing that hundreds of others are out doing it too.
Every great run deserves a great beer, so we hope your fridge is stocked with Harpoon beer on race day! Still need to shop?
Try our to-go service at the Beer Hall in Boston or the Riverbend Taps in Windsor, VT!
If you live outside of MA, check out our beer finder to find a Harpoon account near you!